We're looking for a new Chair of the Board
Barnet Mencap is a thriving medium-sized charity for people with learning disabilities and people with autism or Aspergers and their family carers.
We are looking for someone willing to join the Board and assume the role of Chair as soon as possible.
- to provide leadership of the Board
- to liaise with the Chief Executive
- to take an active interest in the work of Barnet Mencap
- to offer support and encouragement to all staff
- to chair Board meetings which are held bi-monthly at our office in Finchley and usually last between 2 and 2 ½ hours.
- a background in a management role
- committee work
- experience of chairing meetings
- an ability to exercise umbrella vision
- sensitivity to the different roles/responsibilities of staff and directors
This is a voluntary post but reasonable out of pocket expenses will be paid.
If you are interested in applying, please fill in this application form. Please return it, alongside our Equalities Monitoring Form, if you're like to apply for the role, to email@example.com
An enhanced DBS check will be required for successful applicants.