As well as supporting people within the project we also provide an outreach service supporting people in their own homes.
Equality Housing offers a holistic approach to support. This means that the support we offer is designed to help you in all the different aspects of your daily life and looks at your practical, physical, emotional and social wellbeing
We offer a key worker system that means you will have one main worker who will work closely with you. The advantages of this means you get to know and build a good working relationship with this person and they get to know and understand you and how best to work with you. The kind of things we can support you with are:
- Helping you to monitor and manage your finances: setting up direct debits, working out a budget, reducing debts, maximising your income
- Helping you with benefit applications, reviews and any issues arising
- Support to increase your shopping and cooking skills
- Helping you to monitor and manage your health and medication: understand your health needs, attend health appointments, liaise with health professionals on your behalf
- Co-ordinating all your care and support needs
- Make referrals on your behalf and arrange and attend review meetings
- All tenancy/housing issues such as: reporting repairs, maintaining your home, paying rent, applying for Housing Benefit
- Emotional support
- Helping facilitate and mediate relationships with friends and families
- Raising concerns (including safeguarding)
- Help you to understand how to keep yourself safe inside and outside of your home
- Reducing isolation and building social contacts
How Do I Apply?
If you are interested in finding out more about Equality Housing or using our services please ring Lucy Clifford (Manager) on 020 8349 3842 or speak to your social worker. (Barnet Learning Disabilities Social Work Team - 020 8492 5400)
THIS COULD BE A FIRST STEP TO A NEW AND EXCITING YOU!