Parents Action Group (PAG)
PAG is an independent group which enables members to campaign and support families living in Barnet who have an adult relative with a learning disability.
- PAG is independent of Barnet Mencap but supported by them
- PAG meets regularly from 11:00am -12:30pm about every six weeks
- PAG is open to any parent or carer of someone with a learning disability
- Professionals from the Local and Health Authorities, Councillors and MPs are frequently asked to speak at the meetings on a wide variety of subjects
This gives members an opportunity to express their views and concerns
PAG has pressed for:
- more respite care in the Borough
- more physiotherapists and speech therapists
- better leisure activities and more choice of advocacy.
PAG is well respected in the Borough of Barnet. It is consulted by the Local Authority and the Primary Care Trust and has a membership of major groups (committees) working for people with learning disabilities.
If you're interested, please ring 020 8349 3842