Into the Future - Short Term Breaks at Sherrick House
What is a Short Term break?
Where people with learning disabilities and carers have the chance to take a break from each other
Who can use this service?
At present we support people with learning disabilities aged 18 plus from the London Boroughs of Barnet, Enfield and Haringey.
What support do people get?
Support is offered to each person individually. The support they need can vary widely and is provided over 24 hours. We also offer holidays and weekend activities.
How do I pay for this Service?
The Local Authority produces an information leaflet about charges. Your social worker can show you this. People can also use their Personal Budgets to pay for the service.
The house has a spacious and comfortable shared living room, three bedrooms and two bathrooms. It has a walled garden where people can relax.
There is a skilled and experienced staff team.
We aim to:
- support people with a learning disability and associated health problems
- offer everyone a variety of opportunities and choices
- encourage people to use their own skills and to do as much as possible for themselves
- help people make links with the community
- promote people’s self-confidence
- involve people and their carers in improving the service
- provide services that can be adapted to individual needs and which are good value for money
To view our latest CQC inspection report, for October 2016, please click here.
You can view our profile on the CQC website by clicking here
Where is Sherrick House?
30 Church End, Hendon, NW4 4JX Map
Other Useful information about Sherrick House:
- Sherrick House offers short break holidays
- We are a non-smoking building.